Friday, June 8, 2012

Videos: The First Assignment

For your first video assignment, I will ask each of you to do a story 1 to 2 minutes in length regarding what people have learned in JRN 200 sofar. You must interview a minimum of at least two classmates for this story, using a video recording device, editing the video into a coherent story form, posting it to YouTube and then emailing me a link to your video before the start of our next class session.

Use the tips offered in the Reporters Guide to Multimedia Proficiency in editing your video work. I know this is a bit of learning to swim by diving into the deep end of the pool, but trust me, this has worked well in my previous classes. I find it best to just start having you guys get your hands dirty.

And I know this is your first video assignment; you will be graded far more on meeting the minimum standards listed above than any technical or artistic merits.

To give you a frame of reference of what this assignment might look like, as done by similarly-inexperienced video journalists, here's links to my fall 2011 class doing this same exercise. Let's look for examples of work that's good, and work that could have been a bit better:


Darcie

BriAnn


Jessy

Sam

Mike


Nicole

Stefany

Julia


Alissa

Maddie F.

What did you guys think?

No comments: